Philadelphia Museum of Art museum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. The Museum of Art was established in 1876 for the Centennial Exposition Philadelphia.
The Philadelphia Museum of Art is the first museum to be created in Philadelphia and one of the oldest museums in America. The Philadelphia Museum of Art has an extensive collection of 2,500 European paintings and 3is a world-renowned center for American art. The Philadelphia Museum of Art also has a significant Asian and Islamic art collection.
The Museum of Art is open every day except Mondays and Christmas Day. Admission to the Philadelphia Museum of Art is free for children aged 12 years old or younger. Admission for adults costs $20, although Philadelphia residents can get in for free by showing a Philadelphia ID. There is also a fee for special exhibitions. The Philadelphia Museum offers guided tours, family programs, art classes, and lectures. The Philadelphia Museum of Art also has a café and a store.
in addition, the museum has several notable pieces in its collection, such as:
– The Rocky statue by Philadelphia native A. Thomas Schomberg
– The Philadelphia Museum of Art’s giant marble staircase, which is an enormous indoor staircase in the United States
– Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s Dance at Bougival
– Vincent van Gogh’s Irises
– Rembrandt’s self-portrait from 1640
– Johannes Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl Earring.
– Philadelphia Museum of Art
other notable features in the museum include :
– Philadelphia Museum of Art’s glass tower that offers a view of Philadelphia from the top
– Philadelphia Museum of Art’s massive marble staircase with an enormous Calder mobile at its center.
HOURS: Open every day except Mondays and Christmas Day; the Museum of Art is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fees: Admission is $20 for adults, but Philadelphia area residents can get in free by showing a Philadelphia ID.
Location: Philadelphia Museum of Art, 2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130
visitors can also visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art by taking Philadelphia’s SEPTA Subway, particularly SEPTA’s Blue Line.
Address: Philadelphia Museum of Art Philadelphia, PA 19130-0116 USA Philadelphia
be sure to enjoy nice Philadelphia weather by going to the Museum of Art outdoor area. The Museum of Art is a great place to visit with your friends and family. Philadelphia Museum of Art has an excellent Philadelphia location. Philadelphia Museum of Art strives to make Philadelphia even more beautiful with its Philadelphia art and Philadelphia architecture.